Saturday 9 January 2010

WHAT I WANT TO LEARN FROM CS3216

This is a hard but good question for me. =)

If we want to do every project of this module perfect, a lot of knowledge is needed: computing, arts. business. Maybe includes how we arrange our time and how we work with other people. All these things must be skilled. We have only one semester, we can only learn very limited knowledge. The other knowledge we must learn outside this module and some of them must be learnt through our whole life. So knowledge is not the most important thing in this module. The most important thing for me is Passion and cooperation.
Cs3216 offers me a platform to learn and work with people who has the same passion as me.

I am very interested in software. But I do not very like the traditional teaching method. It's very ineffective. In traditional way, We are told what we need to learn, and we are forced to learn it. After exams, we forget everything. We need a pleasing and effective way to learn what we need to learn and what what we want to learn. (Here, what we need to learn means what ourselves really realize we need them, not what professors think we need). Only in this way, we can use what we learn wisely and passionately.

The teaching method of CS3216 is different from the traditional one. It gives us sufficient freedom to decide what we want to do and what we want to learn. And the students taking this module I believe are the people who are most passionate in software. I want to experience and learn this passion with professor, TAs and classmates.

The other thing I want to learn is cooperation. I always believe cooperation is the most important thing in everything. I have never cooperated with artists and businessmen. But for a people, who want to do really great software and who want to let as many people as possible to use it, like me, I must cooperate with different kinds of people.

I always feel very confident for myself. This time, I believe I can learn a lot and do my job well. I never give up.

Happy New Year

2 comments:

  1. It gives us sufficient freedom to decide what we want to do and what we want to learn.

    I think you're given *too much* freedom in CS3216, not just sufficient. :-)

    I never give up.

    Sounds good. I like that. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoho! You've had a good start. Jia You!

    ReplyDelete