Sunday 17 January 2010

ENJOY WHAT I AM DOING

I never regret that I have choosen CS3216. Even this module takes me much much much much more time (I do not overstate)than any other normal modules. I enjoy this module very very very much. Because I like what I am doing. I am not wasting time, I am learning with the fastest speed which I have never haven before.

Firstly, I want to talk about the rate of progress of my facebook assignment. I have a very good team. Since last Wednesday, we have began our work. All of us work at least 7 hours a day together(exclusive the time we work separately). Everyday, I am thinking about what we should do next; to finish our assignment, what we should learn and whether our application is really useful for other people. But we still face many problems. The biggest problem is that, we all have no experience to organize a whole application, from organize people to organize the structure of the application. Sometimes, we feel lost. For example, at the very beginning, after we have decided what we will do, we do not know where to begin. We do not know what we should learn first, what we all need to learn, what can be divided into several parts and each of us can learn only one part. We do not know how to divide the work and how to do the web design and database design. Until now, our improvement is very very slow. But I can feel that we are going into orbit slowly. After we are in orbit, I believe we can do faster and better.

Some of my friends advise me to drop this module, because it takes most time of mine, I have no time to go shopping or talk deep into the night with them. Thank you for their caring. But I don't think they really understand me, understand the potential of people. I really love IT, love software, love web, love programming. For them, it's hard to imagine a person can love these, especially a girl. But I know what I am doing, and I love what I am doing.

Actually, I don't feel that this module is very hard. Nothing is hard if you spend enough time, use the right method and have a positive attitude. Everyday, when I come back from COM1 around 4 a.m., I am too tired to do anything but sleep. However, I feel very happy.

Hope every group enjoy this assignment and let's learn from each other =]

1 comment:

  1. For them, it's hard to imagine a person can love these, especially a girl.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete